Online EMDR Therapy For New York
We Can Help You Let Go Of The Trauma & Fear Quickly, So You Can Experience Life Differently
Exhausted. Stuck. That pit in your stomach.
You keep reliving that memory over and over again.
Your muscles are tense, you cannot seem to get your body to relax; your emotions are on hyperdrive.
It’s hard to focus, you are overwhelmed and unsure if you will ever find that inner peace again.
You may have thoughts like…
“Why did this happen to me?”
“Will I ever be able to move on from this?”
“Why does this still have control over my life?”
If you have these or similar thoughts and feelings then past trauma continues to play a major role in your current life.
Living with trauma is exhausting and takes a toll on every aspect of your life.
You want to move on. You want to not think about it anymore. You do not want to relive these memories, but you can’t seem to shake them.
And not moving past the trauma has led to engaging in unhealthy coping mechanisms and toxic relationship patterns.
You can move on.
You can be free of these thoughts. You don’t have to keep reliving the memories and you can take back control.
Why does past trauma persist?
Persistent trauma symptoms come from a threatening or dangerous experience where our brains are unable to properly process what happened. This is because:
- Your body and your brain store parts of that experience. When your brain is not able to make sense of it — Your brain keeps coming back to try and sort it out
- Your brain relives memories and your body stays in a state of hypervigilance – Your body can’t tell the difference between experiencing it and the memory of it (and this is not something you can control)
You try to engage in the defense mechanisms of flight, fight or freeze but you can’t escape from your own mind no matter how hard you have tried.
We are here to help!
Therapy, specifically EMDR therapy, is an evidenced based model that has proven to help clients rewire their brain to process past events and truly move on with their lives.
Whether it is a single-incident trauma or recurring trauma, EMDR helps get at the root of where your brain gets stuck and enables you to take back control over your life.
By finding your “stuck point” and working through it, you can finally start to truly heal and move forward.
Once your brain and body is able to move on:
- your thoughts will no longer center on the trauma
- the memories of it will become less clear and sharp in your mind
- your body will relax and you’ll be fully present in your life again
We know how scary it can be to seek help but it is an essential first step to your healing journey.