It is easy to get bogged down in routine, daily checklists, and tackling the next stressor. Take a moment to reflect on the last time you purposefully sought out doing things that bring you joy.
What are the barriers to doing this daily? Some common barriers are:
- Time management
- Difficulty noticing your own needs.
How do you overcome these barriers? Some ways to overcome those carriers:
- Build self-care and joyful activities into schedule
- Remind yourself that doing things that bring you joy can actually help you feel more energized, even when it’s difficult to initiate
- Ask for someone to be you buddy or to help you be accountable
- Track your mood throughout the day so that you can build more awareness of how you are feeling
Try dedicating 5-10 minutes each day doing something that feeds your soul. A small change can make a big difference.
We’re here to help if you are finding it hard to make yourself and priority.